|Country of Origin||Neo United States|
|Fire Modes||Fully Automatic|
|Cost to buy||Undefined|
|Cost to sell||Undefined|
The XM496 utilizes the 7.62x51mm NATO cartridge, a well-balanced round in comparison to alternative calibres, its accuracy and rate of fire, combined with negligible recoil, making it well suited for use in the XM496.
The weapon provides infantry squads with the heavy volume of fire of a machine gun combined with accuracy and portability approaching that of a rifle.
- Better mobility than other machineguns.
- Faster reload times due to detachable magazines.
- Can aim down the sights while standing and moving.
- Lower capacity than other machine guns.
- Lower fire rate than other machine guns.
- Extremely expensive to aquire.
Damage = 45 – 35 (high)
Velocity = high
Effective range = 800 (1250 maximum range)
Penetration = high
Rate of fire = 600 RPM
Magazine capacity = 64 + 1
Reload speed = fair
Recoil = medium-high without bipod
Recoil type = natural reset
Accuracy = high
Mobility = fair
Price = very expensive
Special properties: Can aim while moving with this machine gun.